<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2401782729915949707\x26blogName\x3dCil\x27s+Cozy+Corner\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://jcily.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://jcily.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5502615249830686487', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
moi
Photobucket

Yosely. Cily. Jo. 郭臻璎。
Full time student. Translator and tutor.
Sarcasm plus cynicism mixed with genuine concern.
LOVE reading.
SHOEaholic.
Addicted to Western TV series.
Introvert AND extrovert at the same time.



wish list
NO REGRET
college again, major in Japanese literature
move out from Medan
a new phone
♥ a new digital camera
♥ great main job + fun side job
♥ certainty ;)

next to read
Wuthering Heights ~ Emily Brontë
The Book of Tomorrow ~ Cecelia Ahern
那个女孩叫 Feeling ~ 藤井树

daily reads

standing ovation to
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May with an icon from The Fading Night.

my other hideouts
days by days
Beat Goes On
Saturday, October 13, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Another morning spent in Museum Asia Afrika teaching Japanese even though when it came to pronunciation, I asked Kurniawan-san to teach. Given my crappy pronunciation, intonation and basically everything, I can't be the one to teach, unless I want the students to end up having bad 発音 like me. :'( Kurniawan-san taught the しゃ、しゅ、しょ、ちゃ、ちゅ、ちょ、ひゃ、ひゅ、ひょ, etc. and he's very good at it, you know. He sounds like a native Japanese. He even pronounces ひ perfectly! And for a 二年生 (just like me) he's really fluent. *sadface*

Instead of sitting idly, I also drilled some words together with the students. Ultimate 自信がない moment. *facepalm*

Anyway, I've just found out there are three types of intonation for はし。
はしで食べる。 Eat using chopsticks.
はしで食べる。 Eat on the bridge.
はしで食べる。 Eat by the edge.
A real are-you-kidding-me moment! I spent my time drilling はし (chopsticks), はし (bridge), and はし (edge) in the angkot on my way home. Geez. I really need to use Japanese more if I want to be ペラペラ soon.

darLINKs